Friday 18 January 2013

Legal & ethical considerations


 
 
Equipment List
 Canon 1100D SLR camera
Hand bandages
Rugby ball
 
 
Advertising Standards Authority
My brochure has to abide by the rules of the of the Advertising Standards Authority Uk Non-Broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing. (CAP Code) An example of this code which my Brochure must follow is the Exaggeration section 3.11 to 3.13. Rule 3.11 states that my Brochure "must not mislead consumers by exaggerating the capability or performance of a product." This means I cannot exaggerate how good my product is or tell lies to make it more superior than it is. If my brochure did this it would mislead consumers into believing my product was more superior than it actually is and be in breach of the Advertising Standards Authority rules.
 
Another rule my brochure needs to follow is in the Harm and Offence section rule 4.1. The rule states "Marketing communications must not contain anything that is likely to cause serious or widespread offence. Particular care must be taken to avoid causing offence on the grounds of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age." This means my brochure cannot be offensive to anybody otherwise it is in breach of the Advertising Standards Authority Harm and Offence Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment